I’m out of the closet. Thanks to interweb fairy Jennie Saia at Tip of My Tongue for nominating Burns the Fire for a sunshiney award, advising me to nominate ten blogs I like and write ten, gulp, facts about me.
1) I make stuff up. I write fiction and scripts and make movies, bringing people to life who are not me. Every blog post I write in my own voice is a struggle and this one takes the cake.
2) Real people are my inspiration. I adore the actors who play them.
3) Originally, I wanted to call this blog Piss & Vinegar because my mother says I’m full of it. Burns the Fire is what my Russian grandmother called me in shtetl-speak and I thought it was my name.
4) My father told me our love would live on when he died. He was right.
5) Love is my religion and I call myself a Jew.
6) I listen to my dreams.
7) I dance without reason.
8) I love arugula, that it grows like a weed.
9) I am fearless and full of fear.
10) On a windy day, with an umbrella, I can fly.
Now, to nominate ten bloggers that turn up my heat. There are too many I enjoy to list them all, but over time, I will. Readers: have a look and let them know how you feel. Bloggers: thank and link back to your nominator. Write 10 facts about yourself, then pass the award to 10 others.
1) Amanda Fucking Palmer tames the human heart as she rides the internet like a horse.
2) Hannah B‘s Hannah Brencher knows all we need is love and she tells every one of us in a letter.
3) Karen McRae’s Draw and Shoot is the natural world through the eyes of a poet.
4) Follow Your Nose as Kat explores a dream of a life with all her senses.
5) Bring me the head of David Dixon is his wry and tender art on a platter.
6) Jen Groeber’s Mama Art invites us into her beautiful life.
7) Wakinyan Winyan’s Blood and Thunder shouts out for justice and love.
8) Muriel Jacques’s unapologetic voice drives A French Yummy Mummy in London.
9) Schmutzie.com is a creative and community blast. Thanks to Elan Morgan for the Canadian Weblog awards.
10) Anne Fonté’s Girl in the Hat has it all for the reader who wants to dive into the deep-end of a writer’s pool.
Now, after clicking on some of my favorite blogs, dearest readers, what are some of yours?? Spread the wealth and don’t forget to attach the links!
RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman. You repaired my heart as the nurse in PT Anderson’s Magnolia, let alone every film you gave your soul to.
Fan the flames…
Or visit the GIFTS PAGE: the home of the art to exchange for your lovely donations.
GOOD NEWS FLASH: The visionary Russell Brand on love.
I love to hear from you.
Click FOLLOW THIS BLOG VIA EMAIL and join the global party. Don’t forget to send back the confirmation email you’ll receive.
For an almost daily fix, FOLLOW BTF on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
I post every 1-2 times a month, more or less.
Please COMMENT, QUESTION, SING, DANCE and SHARE!
30 Responses to Shine the Light
YES! I only know three of these bloggers, and that means a delicious word snack over my lunch break. Thank you for sharing them, my Lady of Piss and Vinegar.
(I understand why you’d cherish that phrase. My dad has always affectionately called me his little smart ass, and it makes me proud as hell.)
Oh hello, dear friend, thanks so much for the brilliant shining sun!
Relay torch received…. xx
I’m honored to be included, thank you!
Reblogged this on BRUNO SOUSA PHOTOS and commented:
Brenda – this is wonderful…especially Facts about You…three and four top the list for me.
Hey, thank you, Brenda! I also, am honoured to be included here.
Thank you so much for this! I love the way you write, Brenda. I can’t put my finger on why. It must be because you are very authentic. There is beauty in the simplicity of your words. Can’t wait to read more!
Wow, thanks so much for nominating me!!!!
I love you!
You are cleaning up on awards this week! They are well-deserved.
Reblogged this on Blood and Thunder and commented:
The sweetest of sweet hearts and amazing ladies – Burns the Fire – nominated my blog for a Sunshiney Award. I shall follow the rules when I am not up to my eyeballs in production and photos and writing.
I love all of this.
I love Jennie Saie.
I am also fearless and full of fear; thank you for articulating that. If I use it, I will quote you.
I adore Philip Seymour Hoffman and Russell Brand.
And now, I must read on to your blog choices. Many thanks.
I swear to dog, Samara, everywhere I go on the Internet I find that you’ve been there, minutes earlier, leaving me a little trail of love crumbs. How will I ever win the “I love YOU more” war if you’re always so quick on the keyboard?!
YOu led me here.
Jennie, my sweet.
Mwuahaha. Perfection. Brenda, thanks for letting us love all over your wall. I’m thrilled to have introduced Samara to you, because you both have such soul, you’ll understand each other. And THANK YOU for these blogger recommendations – I’ve been having a hell of a good Tuesday!
Jennie, Samara, you must know, the pleasure is mine.
Brenda, I’m going to quote you on a blog post, and ping it back (did I say that right?) to your blog. I hope that’s okay.
It’s very ok, Samara. I look forward to it!
I quoted you.
I hope everyone who reads my post reads you and falls in mad blog love, like I did.
I just had an opportunity to read burns the fire. I loved it, loved the comments and responses. Please keep writing in your creative and expressive ways. It helps me to connect even more deeply. Love
Sent from my iPad
Dearest Freda, thanks for reading. I will keep writing as long as I can form words.
Fact or fiction, keep it coming! xo
Oh, I am so glad I found this! AND ten new blogs as well!!!!
Everyone is afraid. Admitting it is the brave part.
Reblogged this on sueshan123blog.
Very inspiring…boy does Russell have alot to say, about more than just love
GAh! I’m here so late. Please forgive! I was at a high school reunion and temporarily insane/regressed/thumbsuckinginthecorner/slappingmyselfandwonderingwhy and I did not see this.
Thank you, thank you for this– what wonderful words and company!
“Real people are my inspiration. I adore the actors who play them.” I’m going to have to steal that, I think. xoox
No worries, I’m glad you’re here. xx
Love your posts so interesting and deep! thanks for sharing
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you kindly, and welcome!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you for beingg you